Parent and Family Engagement
The Title I Parent and Family Engagement section of Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), Section 1116(b) requires each school to develop a written parent and family engagement plan that describes the means for carrying out the requirements of Section 1116, subsections (c-f). The school will ensure that parents and families are notified of the plan and that the plan will be:
• Presented to parents and families in an understandable and uniform format.
• Provided in a language that parents/families can understand.
• Developed jointly with and agreed upon by parents and family members.
• Distributed to all parents and family members.
• Made available to the local community.
• Updated periodically to meet the changing needs of parents, family members, and the school
Section 1116 (a)(1) IN GENERAL - A local educational agency may receive funds under this part only if such agency conducts outreach to all parents and family members and implements programs, activities, and procedures for the involvement of parents and family members in programs assisted under this part consistent with this section. Such programs, activities, and procedures shall be planned and implemented with meaningful consultation with parents of participating children